Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Myself? (1)




Describe yourself (at least 100 words): Anything about personality, goals, shortcomings, and interests. Include a photograph.

My name is Lauren Alyssa Brown. I'm pretty outgoing. I like people, I’m a people person. I have one sister, Londyn. She's five and she's pretty crazy. My parents, Dennis and Chetta, separated last April. My mom gave my sister and I a dog for Christmas. I wanted to name him Megatron but my mother said that Sugar would be better, whatever.

When I try to plan ahead I get nervous. I don’t like how things are so apt to change. It scares me how one minute you can have this huge elaborate plan that seems perfect, and the next you could be standing in the rain, completely lost, with all those plans down the drain. I don’t like to look into the past much either. I see the past as it is, it has already has happened and you cannot do anything to change it. Why would you sit there and mull over what you could have done or what you should have done.

I want to be successful. I don’t really think that I'm really great at anything in particular. I am fairly good at a bunch of different things but I don't see myself standing out in one particular field. When I graduate I plan to go to LSU and study there. I don't really know what I want major in or what I want to do after college. I believe trying to figure that out and get a set plan for it is pointless. The way I see it is I’m just going to change my mind a dozen times so why not just wait a little. One thing I could see myself doing is helping people. I would like to be a psychologist. I’ve gone through some hard stuff in my life (I’m not trying to make myself sound like a martyr) and I think that that could help me in that profession. I also like to read but not many jobs will hire you for that. I guess the future will work itself out on it's own time.

Now don’t get me wrong, I am a very studious person and school means a lot to me. I just don’t obsess about stuff like that. I have better things to waste my worries on.

As I said before, I like to read. I also like to hang out with my friends and my boyfriend. His name is Jesse and he is 4 years older than me. That freaks my parents out but my mom likes him. My dad doesn’t and I’m pretty sure he never will but that’s his problem. I just like having fun and being happy.


I guess that’s all I really want in life, to be happy.

No comments: